- Your open enrollment period begins on the first day of the month in which you’re both 65 or older and enrolled in Medicare Part B.
(Some states may offer plans for people under age 65 and enrolled in Part B.)
- In most cases, you have guaranteed issue rights for the following:
- You lose other health care coverage.
- You are in your Medicare Advantage trial period and change your mind.
- Oregon “Birthday Rule” allows you to switch from one Medigap plan to another with same or lesser benefits, for 30 days starting on your birthday.
Choosing a Medicare supplement can seem confusing. At SeniorChoices NW, we can help you understand your options so you can make an informed decision. Give us a call toll-free today at 866-682-1878 or fill out our online contact form to learn more.