Note these facts before enrolling during the Annual Election Period for Medicare Advantage in Oregon!
The majority of Americans over 65 rely on Medicare Advantage plans to help with their healthcare costs. It is important to know the details of the plans to ensure they will meet your needs.
Every year, Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to change coverage during the Annual Open Enrollment Period. To help you make smart decisions about your Medicare coverage, note the facts below:
- Open enrollments dates.
- You can learn about the plans starting October 1, but cannot enroll until October 15. The last day to submit an enrollment is December 7. Your new coverage will begin on January 1, 2016.
- You can switch plans.
If you want to join or change a Medicare Advantage plan or a Part D prescription drug plan, you can do so during open enrollment.
- Medicare Advantage, also known as Part C, may have additional benefits beyond Original Medicare.
- Check to see if your plan covers routine vision, hearing aids, preventive dental, and annual physicals.
- Add up all costs.
Be sure to look at premiums, in addition to copays, coinsurance, and deductibles, to understand what your total spending could be for a given year.
- Check your medications.
Make a list of what prescriptions you take, and make sure that they are on the drug formulary list of the plan you are choosing.
- Many preventive services are included for no additional cost.
- The Affordable Care Act has made many more preventive medical services available at no cost. Make sure you are taking full advantage of them.
- Review your options.
While you may be satisfied with your current plan, plans can change every year, so it is always a good idea to review your options annually.
Attend a Medicare meeting, provided by SeniorChoices NW to learn about the Medicare plans in your area and find the plan that is suitable for you, your needs, and budget. Contact us today to set up a one-on-one appointment with one of our agents. We have agents throughout Oregon and SW Washington, in addition to our local office in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our office is conveniently located off of I-5 in Wilsonville, about 10 miles South of Lake Oswego, and about thirty minutes North of Salem.