Adding delicious and nutritious ingredients to your meals each day is the best way to ensure that you get all the vital nutrients in your diet. Adding blueberries to your diet each day will allow you to enjoy a sweet treat during your day while enjoying all the health benefits that they offer. The top 8 health benefits of blueberries include:
- High antioxidant capacity. Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity out of any other fruit. They have very high amount of vitamin E, vitamin A, zinc, iron, and many other vitamins that will help keep you healthy.
- Neutralizes free radicals. The abundance of vitamin C in blueberries helps your body fight off free radicals that can age your body faster and affect different diseases.
- Reduced belly fat. A blueberry filled diet can help your body fight off stubborn belly fat, as well as reduce certain risk factors of cardiovascular diseases.
- Promotes urinary tract health. Blueberries have slight antibiotic properties that can help the body fight off urinary tract infections.
- Helps vision. Blueberries have a special compound, known as anthocyanosides, which can help to delay or even prevent certain eye problems, such as cataracts.
- Promotes brain health. Many of the vitamins that are found in blueberries can help to prevent or heal already existing neurotic disorders. They can also help to keep a person’s memory sharp.
- Helps digestion and constipation. Blueberries are full of fiber, which helps avoid constipation. They are also full of vitamins, such as copper and sodium that help to improve digestion.
- Cancer treatment. Certain compounds that are found in blueberries, such as ellagic acid and pterostilbene can help prevent and cure some types of cancer.
For more information about the health benefits of blueberries, and tips on how to incorporate them into your diet, contact Senior Choices NW in Wilsonville, Oregon.