- October 15, 2015: First day you can enroll in a new plan for 2016, using your Annual Election Period.
- December 7, 2015: Last day you can enroll in a new plan for 2016, using your Annual Election Period.
- January 1, 2016: Coverage starts for those who enrolled between October 15 – December 7, using their Annual Election Period.
- February 29, 2016: Last day for Medicare Advantage members whose plan is no longer offered in their county as of December 31, 2016, may use a Special Election Period to enroll in a new plan, effective March 1, 2016.
Make sure to attend a meeting or call us to schedule an appointment to review your options and select a plan before the enrollment deadlines.
For those of you with spouses or other family members that aren’t Medicare eligible, be sure to note these important dates for their Individual Health Plan Open Enrollment.
- October 15, 2015: 2016 plans and prices will be available for preview.
- November 1, 2015: Enroll in a 2016 Marketplace Plan.
- January 1, 2016: Coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start February 1, 2016.
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends.
- Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 will be in place starting March 1, 2016.
If you don’t enroll in a 2016 plan by January 31, 2016, you will not be able to enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016, unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.