- Leaf jumping. Clean your yard while having family fun! Rake all of the fallen leaves in your yard into a pile, and then jump in!
- Go apple picking. Look up local orchards in your community and take the whole family out for a day of apple picking. Apples are the perfect fruit to make seasonal types of delicious treats, from apple pie to apple butter.
- Make cider. Apple cider is the best way to warm up after a cold, fall day. Make sure to use the apples you picked together at the orchard!
- Make a scarf. If you have older children, learn how to knit together and make scarves for the whole family. If you have younger children, allow them to decorate their own scarf with strips of warm fabric, like fleece.
- Go for a nature walk. Fall is full of beautiful colors, and it’s time to enjoy them! Take a walk in your local community and point out all the colors that you see.
- Paint pinecones. Find pinecones of all different sizes and paint them all different colors. Display them on your front porch or walkway as festive decorations!
- Have a picnic. Just because the weather is cooler it doesn’t mean you can’t have a picnic. Remember to pack warm food and keep them insulated in a thermos.
SeniorChoices NW in Wilsonville, Oregon would like to encourage you to try out all of these fun and exciting activities with your family this fall!