Make 2017 the healthiest year of your life by taking these helpful hints into consideration and following through.
2017 can be your healthiest year yet if you follow these tips. These are easier said than done, but if you stick with them the results will be great and you will find yourself in the best health of your life–or at least, in a very long time. Here are a few tips on how you can enjoy a healthy new year.
Tips for 2017
- Protect yourself from injury or disease by wearing a helmet when you ride a bike, sunscreen when you go outside (even on cloudy days as ultraviolet radiation penetrates clouds), or insect repellent when necessary.
- Regular health exams and tests can help find problems before they grow and become worse. They can help find problems early–when your chances for treatment and cure are significantly better. Schedule and appointment with your doctor every one or two years.
- Wash your hands with soap and water to eliminate as many germs as possible to prevent the spread of infections and illnesses.
- Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Pair these up with good sources of protein like chicken, fish, eggs, beans, mushrooms and you have yourself a great diet. Be sure not to forget healthy fats like ones found in nuts and avocados.
- Exercise at least four to five times a week for half an hour–at the minimum. You can also take the stairs instead of the escalators or elevator.
- If you have not yet quit smoking, now is the best time to start. There are many programs that can help you quit smoking, an incredibly dangerous habit that is linked to cancer.
Take control of your own health this year by eating the right foods, exercising, and taking other safety precautions! Contact SeniorChoices NW to schedule an appointment to review your coverage and find the plan that’s right for you.